Monday, March 4, 2013

I realized how little you all know of my day-to-day life here in Galmi. I also decided that it would e worth the time to share some of the little joys that make Sharilyn (whom I work with) and I laugh daily. In case you didn't know, I'm working full-time (8am-3:30pm) as a teacher's assistant with 10 wonderful MKs. We come home with new stories everyday, so I will try my best to become more consistent about sharing them.

Today for example, when we turned on the school air-conditioner (a real luxury in 100ºF+ weather) some fluff shot out of it and E exclaimed, "It's mouse feathers!!" We had also experienced a very bad stench coming from the air-conditioner on Friday and concluded that something had died inside. Later on today, while the kids were in their Lit-circles, a mouse jumped out of the air-conditioner onto a stack of books. It caused quite a bit of excitement and J managed to get the half-dead creature swept into a dustpan and disposed of it outdoors. Class resumed as usual, though we're all hoping for no more mice anytime soon. J is the same one who asked us not to turn in a viper to the guards to be killed, because it "wasn't going to hurt anyone." These are just a few occurrences within the past week. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment