Monday, June 3, 2013

The Never-ending Story

It's funny how when you acknowledge that something will soon be ending, it just makes time slither by because of you eagerness or expectations to finish. So much to the extent that you start thinking that whatever it is will never really end. It's surreal. You're shocked when the "never ending" actually ends. All the while you'd been saying how soon it would be over, without actually believing it. 

This is how I feel right now. After almost a year of having the same schedule everyday; routine after routine after routine, it abruptly stops. No more the rushing to and from the schoolhouse four times a day. No more bright, young faces every morning at 8 o'clock. No more spelling tests or silent reading; no more music class or P.E. No more pouting, no more grumbling...at the same time, no more bear hugs! What shall I do without these things?!
They've been such a part of my life that it will be hard to transition back to living without. Kind of like, how living in the 21st century we become so dependent on internet, which we could have easily lived without before. But no, this is also different. It's so fruitful to watch the kids grow and learn everyday. I've become a part of their world, and they in return are a part of mine. 

I have to be extremely careful about every little word I say out loud because every one of those words will be absorbed and impact them in some way. It's a lot of responsibility! Many of them look up to me, and it's a privilege. Their parents trust me, which is an honor. I have been so blessed by this community in which I've served. God has been teaching me throughout in underlying ways. It's glorious! It really is! 

My heart is overflowing with memories and with sorrow that I'll no longer be a part of their lives. Filled with so much joy for the lives they'll lead; for the men and women of God that they'll become. A year ago, I never could've imagined this much, but God has brought it all together for His good. I praise the Lord for this one-of-a-kind experience and ask that my adventures with Him would never end. 

1 comment:

  1. I continue to pray for you and your futur and transitions and your God's way!
    I think about you every day! I miss all our discussions, funny times and YOU! Of course!
    Take care! Blessings little sister <3

    ReplyDelete